Here are a few recipes just for fun, the coffee liqueur recipe is really good and makes a super gift.
Follow directions of each recipe and enjoy. Use a deep pot for coffee as mixture tends to boil over when thick. Add vodka when cool. Irish cream makes a superb ice cream, just add 1 tablespoon oil, mix and freeze.
- 1 cup cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 2/3 C Irish whiskey
- 1 tea good instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tea vanilla extract
- 2 drops almond extract – no more.Blend all ingredients and let stand in the refrigerator for a few days (If you can!!!!!!!!)
This is very cheap to make and some say it’s better than the original. When you are invited to a party what do you take when you are told not to bring anything? Here is the answer:
- 500 ml water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons good instant coffee (freeze dried – pure)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 + ½ cup vodka (buy the really cheap plonk, it is used only for alcohol content)
- boil water, coffee and sugar until thick syrup is formed, +/-, 30 min to 1 hour.